- The Network Administrator is responsible for physical and logical resources of data center network devices environment, including L2 /L3 network and voice communication platforms and enterprise network infrastructure.
- Providing 2nd/3rd level support and maintenance of Virtual Data Center especially in the area of network management and provisioning.
- Using remedy to manage problems that arise and provide technical expertise for hardware and software problems diagnostics.
- Provide on-call Support 24×7.
- Applying Network security policies in accordance with relevant security certification and eTRUST published Security guidelines.
- Produce and manage documentation for support, maintenance and integration of policies, processes and procedures for Datacenters.
- Setup New Workstations and assigning system resources such as e-mail and internet access, and maintain the functionality of the Data Center Network infrastructure for Data Center personnel.
- Responsible for the enterprise architecture of all networks including L2 and L3 switches, routers, firewalls, content load balancers and remote access devices.
- Network systems monitoring and management support with daily review of logs and remediation where necessary.
- Working knowledge of BGP, OSPF and PIX/Netscreen/Sophos firewall products, including CISCO/Juniper routers and switches/firewall.
- Maintain software and hardware inventory for data centers including departments.
- Maintain and analyze logs from routers, switches, firewalls, critical servers for proactive incident mitigation.
- Implement deep packet inspection mechanism to thwart security vulnerability.
- Implement Layer 3 / IPSEC VPN on eTRUST ingress/egress network.
- General user support.
- Maintain and support Virtual data center environment with proper harnessing and tagging of cables as per standard practice world wide.
- Have strong inter-personal and communication skills. Capable of training users in complex topics, making presentations to internal groups.
- Able to write intricate system and user documentation. Capable of writing and explaining purchase justifications.
- Independent problem solving; self-directed, self-starting.
- Very comfortable with most aspects of the UNIX/Windows and Linux operating system; paging/swapping, inter-process communication, devices and device driver fundamentals, file system concepts like inode and super block.
- Familiar with networking/distributed computing environments and concepts. Including and not limited to all types of VPN (SSL, Clientless, IPSec etc) , Can configure NFS, Send mail, iptables and hardening, use nslookup or research to check information in the DNS.
- Ability to write detailed scripts in at least one, preferably two administrative languages, (shell scripts, Perl, Tk).
- Ability to perform at least minimal debugging and modification of C programs.
- Ability to perform most security audits, and protect the system against intrusion.
- Ability to perform installation of Database Servers like oracle, SQL Server.
- Ability to perform installation and configuration of any HA or Clustering.
- Knowledge of L2 and L3 switches routers, firewalls, content load balancers and remote access devices.
- Knowledge of Network systems monitoring and management support like Solarwinds tools, MRTG etc.
- Strong knowledge of Cisco/Juniper/Sophos routers switches and firewall products.
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Financial Services|
|Qualification||MCS / BCS|
|Experience||Masters with 3 years working experience in the same field, Bachelors with 5 years working experience|
|Number of Positions||1|
|Client Details||Service Industry|