The Agri-business Expert is responsible for developing and implementing business cases whereby climate-smart agriculture interventions are integrated into the value chain from an agronomic, financial and inclusion perspective. The Agri-business expert will identify and support business cases to link with potential donors and develop access to finance and investment of the businesses. He/she will coordinate and work with member states to scale sustainable agricultural projects and develop investment streams for the projects.
- Lead project development and strategic support in a wide variety of areas, including value chain development and upgrading strategies, improving access to agricultural inputs, agricultural extension, marketing, and peri-urban garden plot development;
- Participates in, and eventually leads, multidisciplinary teams to assist member countries in the identification and preparation of investment and finance support initiatives in the fields of food security, sustainable agriculture and agri-development and participates in pre-appraisal and appraisal activities.
- Participates in, and eventually leads, multidisciplinary teams for the implementation support and the preparation of final evaluation of investment and finance support solutions.
- Provides technical expertise for the preparation of food and agriculture, rural development, natural resources management and agro-processing studies and strategies, in the formulation of the sector and/or sub-sector programmes.
- Supports the development of inclusive and sustainable food systems involving producers, their organizations, other private sector actors, civil society organizations and governments.
- Formulates and delivers capacity development initiatives in the areas of food and agriculture, rural development, natural resources management and agro-processing investment support to private sector organizations.
- Prepares documents in accordance with the requirements of chamber, private-sector, governments and financial partners.
- Provides support in task organization, selection of consultants, preparation of terms of reference and in ensuring the quality of outputs.
- Promotes international cooperation and collaboration leading to new investment opportunities and cooperative agreements, advocates best practices and effective policy dialogue, and provides technical expertise at international meetings.
- Participates in resource mobilization activities in accordance with the Strategy.
- Coordinate and contribute to value chains and climate risk assessments of prioritized commodities;
- Identify business cases to link with investors and funding organizations;
- Support agribusinesses to develop the business cases;
- Support the implementation and roll-out of business cases;
- Broker access to finance and investments between SME’s and financial institutions;
- Monitor and report the performance of the business cases as per the set milestones;
- Set-up of coaching programs on agribusiness management for entrepreneurs;
- Support agribusiness platforms to promote, advise and jointly agree on climate-proofing value chains, policy recommendations and climate-smart investments;
- Attend relevant meetings, technical working groups, conferences, etc. to share knowledge, coordinate programs, and promote organizations work;
- Master’s degree in agriculture, agribusiness, agricultural economics, or other related field is required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with or in Agribusiness.
- Knowledge of the prioritized commodities preferably at the global level and of region;
- Experience in value chain development and agribusiness finance, preferable experience with climate finance;
- Ability and demonstrated experience in designing and appraising business cases;
- Experience in female and youth entrepreneurship programs;
- Strong agribusiness relationship management experience and focus with the ability to stimulate trust and confidence with clients and investors including managing various stakeholders;
- Understanding of climate change risk management and inclusion of smallholder producers into the supply chain;
- Excellent communication (written and oral), reporting and presentation skills;
- Proven experience in managing projects: Financial, Personnel and Operations;
- Flexible approach to take on additional responsibilities as assigned/delegated;
- Willingness to travel to member countries;
- Excellent organizing, negotiation, influencing and advisory skills.
Share your resumes in MS WORD format at email@example.com.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|Number of Positions||1|