CFO (Chief Financial Officer)
The primary responsibility of the CFO is to prepare and implement financial strategy, policies and procedures and financial controls framework in order to ensure the achievement of institution wise financial objectives, controls and financial stability. The person will ensure internal controls are effectively in place and functional. He / she will also ensure compliance with applicable rules and regulation.
The incumbent will be leading Finance functions including Accounting and General Ledger, Financial / Management / Regulatory reporting, Forecast and Budgeting, Accounts Payable and Receivable, Annual / periodic audits facilitations, Taxation, Finance systems, Grants/Funds management and Treasury.
This job reports to the CEO and the incumbent shall function in accordance with the applicable policies and regulations.
- Ensure that Financial and Accounting policies & procedures are in accordance with statutory regulations and global standards and complying with risk management and internal controls.
- Take charge of Finance, Accounts and Taxation matters. Ensure that all accounting records are properly and timely maintained, reporting cycles and other associated engagements are successfully performed in an effective and timely manner in accordance with the regulatory and organizational requirements.
- Finalize annual financial statements/ periodic financial statements (where required), get them audited from External Auditors and place them before Board of Governors for consideration and approval.
- Prepare financial projections and budgets in line with business plan and get these approved from senior management and the Board of Governors.
- Ensure implementation of proper accounting system for bookkeeping, operational support/MIS as per best industry practices.
- Ensuring maintaining effective relationship and co-ordination with key stakeholders including related entities, government bodies, etc. .
- Plan, assign and review work of staff to ensure that Company objectives are met. Hire, train, develop and manage FINANCE DEPT staff.
- Perform any other task assigned by the CEO/Board.
Kindly share your Resumes at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|Qualification||Chartered Accountant (ICAP) or Cost and management accountant (ICMAP) or ACCA|
|Experience||10 – to 12 years plus total experience, with min 2 years at senior level in a reputable institution/ organization. Proficient in the use of MS Office.|
|Number of Positions||1|