Our client a well know commercial bank is looking to hire Chief Compliance Officer for their Head Office, Karachi. This position is responsible to strategize, develop, and implement compliance policies and framework within the bank while ensuring all policies and framework are aligned with regulatory requirements. In addition, promote a compliance-oriented work culture to establish compliant practices at the base of bank-wide processes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Inculcate compliance culture within the organization to avoid penalties and risks related to non-compliance.
- Review and approve the policies drafted by the department in accordance with SBP regulations and ensure timely implementation of same throughout the bank.
- Ensure compliance with SBP regulations, international standards, and other applicable policies by regulatory authorities.
- Present annual compliance plans, revised policies and annual reports to the Board of Directors.
- Identify compliance gaps and strategize policies to further strengthen controls.
- Establish capacity for authentication of card transactions to mitigate card frauds and enable an environment of fraud detection and vigilance.
- Ensure proper governance and administration in creating a central repository of the bank’s policies and procedures.
- Assist external inspections, review inspection reports and timely dispose all queries received/raised by regulators or audit agencies.
- Review audit reports and take necessary steps to avoid repetition of irregularities and non-compliance.
- Identify and highlight critical high-risk areas within the compliance regime which require immediate actions to resolve.
- Manage all activities related to NAB, FIA and other government agencies and facilitate their investigations as and when required.
- Serve as the focal person to maintain working relations with SBP for all business and regulatory matters. In addition, attend quarterly compliance forum meetings conducted by SBP.
- Participate actively in management meetings and provide advisory support on compliance issues.
- Provide and check into new products and services that all features are compliant with regulatory requirements.
- Design SOPs to automate the compliance procedures as well as the monitoring of key service indicators within the bank.
- Ensure effective compliance training programs are in place for the staff to improve business’ understanding of relevant laws and regulatory requirements.
- Carry out any task assigned by the President/CEO.
Apply at email@example.com
|Qualification||Masters + Specialized Certification/Degree|
|Experience||15 years + experience|
|Number of Positions||1|
|Position Based In||Karachi|
|Client Details||Commercial Bank|