- To develop and implement an ‘Internal Audit Strategy’ (IAS) at the Bank, in the line with the IIA Standards as well as SBP regulations.
- To establish audit policies, procedures and processes for the Bank, in the light of regulatory, business and organization needs.
- To lead Audit and Inspection team with clear focus on improvement of the organization’s controls and practices.
- To ensure development of rigorous and comprehensive audit programs, annual ‘Risk Based Audit Plan’ (RBAP), in consultation with Board Audit Committee (BAC), in line with ‘Institute of Internal Auditors’ (IIA) Standards.
- To formulate and review annual budget for A&IG that is sufficient to carry out the planned / approved audit activities for approval by BAC.
- To seek continuous improvements in internal audit approaches, tools, methodologies and productivity.
- To participate in major business initiatives and actively assisting senior management on change initiatives.
- To represent A&IG at management, BAC and Board meetings and with external organizations including external auditors and SBP.
- Track and analyze banking trends in internal audit techniques and standards making recommendations to the Board Audit Committee as appropriate.
- To serve on various planning and policy making committees of the Bank. Review the management and systems & controls, in relation to the Bank’s risk appetite statements, lines of approval authority and responsibility for managing individual risk elements.
- To review the development, embedding and implementation of the Bank’s policies and procedures and review to the extent these are translated into operating standards which are well documented and clearly communicated throughout the Bank.
- To lead and direct both domestic and international Audit for overseas branches.
- To recruit, motivate, train and develop staff with the capabilities and potential required to deliver the objectives of the A&IG, managing its performance against its key deliverables ensuring it has to appropriate knowledge and skills to operate effectively.
- Ensure that the professional training needs of internal auditors are periodically identified & adequately met; To monitor the effectiveness of the 1st and 2nd line control frameworks which are set up to implement and monitor the adherence to risk, governance and other associated bank policies.
- To put in place an audit system solution capable of handling complete.
- To put in place a robust ‘quality assurance mechanism’ to ensure that the audit reports and the assigned ‘ audit ratings/integrated audit ratings’ meet the pre-set quality standards and are backed by sufficient evidences and supporting materials to justify relevant audit findings/conclusions/judgments and ratings.
- To establish a robust / effective follow-up, validation and escalation mechanism for audit finding and corresponding recommendations for timely closure and timely delivery of audit results for prompt corrective actions.
- To ensure that Board Audit Committee is kept fully informed on:
- A) Any potential risk arising from auditing activities.
- B) Review of progress on recommendations arising from auditing activities.
- To provide an independent assessment/opinion, without fear or favor, to BAC on annual basis on state of internal controls (including sharia compliance, where applicable) in the FI based on the audits conducted during the audit period supported by specific audit observations/conclusions.
- To ensure adherence to the regulations and guidelines issued by the State Bank of Pakistan from time to time with regards to the audit activities.
Please share your resumes in MS WORD format at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|Qualification||CA/CMA (Certified Internal Auditor (the IIA, USA); Certified Fraud Examiner (ACFE, USA); Certified Internal Control Auditor (The IIA, USA) and other such globally recognized bodies will be a definite advantage)|
|Experience||Minimum 15 years of experience in Financial Institutions, with at least 7 years of aggregate audit experience in Banks/Financials Institutions at senior level.|
|Number of Positions||1|
|Client Details||Banking Industry|