- Establishing the needs of users and monitoring user access and security in all production and development databases.
- Monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast query responses to ‘front end’ users;
- Mapping out the ‘conceptual design’ for a planned database in outline;
- Considering both ‘back end’ organization of data and ‘front end’ accessibility for end users;
- Refining the ‘logical design’ so that it can be translated into a specific data model;
- Refining the ‘physical design’ to meet system storage requirements;
- Installing and testing new versions of the database management system (DBMS);
- Maintaining data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act;
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary;
- Controlling access permissions and privileges related to database.
- Adhoc queries support on requirements basis.
- Normalization, Developing, managing and testing backup and recovery plans for database.
- Ensuring that storage, archiving, backup and recovery procedures are functioning correctly;
- Capacity planning for database growth.
- Working closely with IT project managers, programmers and web developers;
- Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security;
- Commissioning and installing new applications in relation with database.
- Proactive support for smooth running operations.
- Assurance of up-time for all the databases.
- Managing software source for all the applications of the organization.
- System Administration includes Email, FTP Server, Domain Controller and Data Storage.
- Help build Source code control environment and proactively perform backups.
- Implement backup strategy for all data center assets.
- Help system administrator for maintenance of Production as well as DR sites.
- Communication, teamwork and negotiation skills.
- Problem-solving and good analytical skills.
- Familiarity with the main data manipulation languages and the principles of database design.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure.
- Business awareness and understanding of business requirements of IT.
- A willingness to keep up to date with developments in new technology.
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Financial Services|
|Qualification||Graduate / MSc IT, and should have industry certification|
|Experience||Minimum 7-8 years working experience years in a similar field. Have Strong knowledge of Oracle, DB2, SQL, Sybase, OLTP, T-SQL, PL/SQL, RMAN.|
|Number of Positions||1|
|Client Details||Financial Services|