Reporting to the Regional Supply Chain Head, the Supply Chain Head will play a pivotal role in creating a synergistic Supply Chain function by leading the development, implementation and alignment of Supply Chain strategies across the Company. The Supply Chain Head will lead and coordinate the end-to-end country supply chain operations, including sourcing, procurement, manufacturing, development, planning and logistics.
- Developing and implementing best supply chain practices, operating policies, procedures and methodologies for the Company. Leading local Supply Chain through processes and ensuring decisions are consistent with overall company strategies, policies and needs.
- Managing local Supply Chain projects and handling matters in respect to trade relations with internal and external partners which are related to factories in the Supply Chain functions.
- Developing analytical tools to be used to assess cost saving opportunities within various spend categories taking into account product costs, reliability, and in-house labor components as applicable.
- Working with local team to ensure that deadlines are met to reach Company Supply Chain goals.
- Working closely with the commercial/distribution, merchandising and retail operations.
- Maintaining competitiveness in the areas of quality, delivery, and sustainability performance.
- Upholds standards that meet company’s expectations for the entire product development and production process at the assigned suppliers in the areas of Quality, Delivery, Development, Materials, H&S and Labour.
- Continuously improving inbound/outbound and warehousing logistics operations / needs.
Sourcing & ABU Operations
- Ensure the implementation of the Regional sourcing strategy in line with the overall organization strategy; evaluate risk and incorporate mitigation plan in the sourcing strategy in order to drive retail excellence and ensure overall achievement of the established targets and continuously improve market share;
- Identify and recommend to Global/Regional Supply Chain appropriate vendors; build strategic relationship and lead all interaction with local sourcing vendors/factories; maintain healthy and productive relationships.
- Ensure a continued process of modernization of the machinery and continuous improvement in the manufacturing processes;
- Ensure continuous improvement processes like Kaizen, ISO, 5S principles and LEAN at the manufacturing units as relevant.
- Experimenting with new materials in the market and new methods of production to contribute to the development of the product.
- Ensure plants are maintained in safe working order with high standard of housekeeping and machinery and equipment in good working conditions.
- Ensure alignment of local Supply Chain to the best organization Supply Chain practices, policies, and processes to aid and improve business performance.
- Manage local master production schedule and operations budgets for products to directly support and ensure that the product is delivered to agreed cost, quality, and timelines.
- Understand legal, environment, H&S compliance requirements; monitor performance against the requirements, and take corrective actions if required in order to ensure factories are in compliance with local labour and H&S standards and regulations;
- Facilitate collaboration between factories, development, commercial and costing to achieve cost target. Ensure cost efficiencies, value/cost ratio and material specification/BOM and CBD accuracy.
- Work closely with Regional Supply Chain Hub and CFS to track new trends in Product Development and Manufacturing processes.
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any IR, health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors.
- Communicates across all levels of the organization as needed: ensures the team is receiving and passing along appropriate information in a timely manner so that decisions can be made.
- Provides a balanced workload for the team; assigns projects for each member that challenges their abilities and helps improve their skill set.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Deep understanding of end to end supply chain processes from development to sourcing and manufacturing.
- Strong knowledge of supply chain solutions and strategies present within the industry
- Demonstrated experience embedding continuous improvement activities throughout operations.
- Motivated self-starter, with the ability to work both independently as well as collaboratively with a team-player mindset. Ability to work resourcefully at developing programs/functions and teams.
- Strong team management skills.
- Entrepreneurial, “roll up your sleeves” attitude.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly developed PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Proficiency in analyzing and synthesizing quantitative data.
- Strategic Thinking: Sees the big picture and thinks about the long-term effects of action. Takes part in development of strategy.
- Problem Solving: Adopts practical approach through solutions/improvements for problem solving and comes with adequate alternatives.
- Collaboration: Encourage team unity through sharing information/ expertise and pursues engagement without being authoritative.
- Operating Discipline: Delivers in consistent way following his department priorities, respecting deadlines. Accomplishing tasks paying attention to details and verifying information.
- Team Developer: Clearly sets priorities according to goals and strategy. Takes time to give regular and constructive feedback.
- Functional Expertise – demonstrated metric improvements through strong strategy development and deployment skills, credibility across functions. Strong problem solving, facilitation and business intuition skills
- Decisiveness and collaboration – Demonstrated effectiveness as well as a proven track record of results delivery through analysis and business intuition.
- Personal credibility – demonstrated through strong communication skills, achieving results, and trusted relationships with others.
- Strong Negotiating and Influencing Skills – Excellent communication and presentation skills are essential for the role and the ability to communicate succinctly with leadership
- Managing across Local, Regional and Global Environments – Well versed in the differences in related working practices and culturally aware.
Share your resume at email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|Bachelors / Masters
|10+ years of experience in multiple supply chain capacities
|Number of Positions
|Position Based In