The incumbent will be responsible for the following functions:
- Rendering effective legal assistance in the preparation of legal opinions, studies, reports and correspondence, as required from time to time by various Heads of Departments.
- Ensuring to provide appropriate legal advice on a diverse range of substantive and procedural questions of law including advice in arbitration matters, to firmly secure the interest of Bank.
- Supervising and overseeing drafting of major contracts, tender documents and other legal documents, as required by the Bank.
- Supervising legal research and analysis, identifying important issues and apprising the operational departments of emerging legal trends from court decision and tendering advice to avoid unnecessary litigation, etc.
- Monitoring the performance of the panel lawyers and rendering advice on formation of new panels.
- Assigning court cases to different panel lawyers keeping in view the nature and importance of the cases.
- Supervising and monitoring the contesting of the cases in various courts of law and to have interaction with Panel Lawyers,
- Advising in the matter of preferring of appeals in superior courts and in the matter of taking recourse to other legal remedies.
- Processing of various Fee Bills of panel lawyers and settlements of fee etc.
- Prepare replies to legal notices received.
- Handle employees related matters vis a vis draft show cause, suspension, termination letters, form investigation committee and advise HR on employment laws.
Experience: Minimum 5-6 years’ of relevant experience – Preferable Microfinance Banking Industry
Place of positing: Karachi
Apply at: email@example.com
|Job Category||Microfinance Banking Industry|
|Experience||Minimum 5-6 years’ of relevant experience - Preferable Microfinance Industry|
|Number of Positions||1|
|Client Details||A well known Microfinance Bank|