Purpose of the Job:
The Regional Manager is responsible for overall management of the branch network of Sindh region, the commercial development of the company in this region, the setup of the overall commercial organization and branch opening, the implementation of internal policies and procedures for loans and deposits and internal controls.
He/She oversees the development of commercial staff in coordination with the Human Resource Department. He is responsible for budget and strategic planning of the network operations in this region in coordination with the Chief Executive Officer.
He/She oversees the activities of the network and has over sight responsibility over the roles of Area Managers.
Brief Job Description:
- Achieve the commercial development targets on all the business activities: loans, deposits and delivery channels.
- Define the area and branch strategies and corrective measures to ensure achievement of the targets of the Bank.
- Sets operational objectives for each branch (monthly and quarterly) in conjunction with the branch management and in line with business plan of the institution.
- Supports the definition of operating budgets of the network of branches in line with the institution’s budget.
- Supervises and supports the management teams of all branches and outlets in daily management of the business of the branch.
- Supervises the implementation of marketing and sales strategy to increase the number of customers, maximizing sales and retain existing customers, ensuring the smooth running of the business and development plan, analyze results, and proposes the necessary adjustments.
- Supervises the implementation of marketing actions defined by the
- Supports the preparation and implementation of new products
- Set annual target for the recovery of defaulting and written off loan for the recovery unit
- Supports the functioning of the training function
- Manages expenditures of the Network, branches and outlets to ensure it is in line with business plan of the company.
- Co-ordinate with Finance Department to analyze variances from the budget and suggests corrective actions
- Performs its part of the internal control system by regularly controlling branches activities, on-site and remotely
- Ensures that the internal control system is actually deployed by the branch staff management
- Supports the approval of the delegations level of all officers with such rights, and checks their full application
- Ensures compliance of procedures by officers of the institution and the steady implementation of first level controls (for branch managers in particular) for all transactions processed by branches and staff under his/her supervision
- Ensures regular dialogue with internal auditors and the control function of the Bank
- Ensures appropriate responses to audit recommendations have been formulated and supervise the implementation of the recommendations that have been validated
- Experience in strategic planning and budgeting, banking, deposit mobilisation, products systems, product developments and risk management
- Successful experience in managing several branches is required in a well-known MFB
- Experience in managing large commercial staff teams and coaching middle management staff
- Experience in performance monitoring management of large commercial teams
- Experience/knowledge of Microfinance and SME sector is required
- Professional qualification is a plus.
Please share your resume in MS Word format at
|Job Category||Microfinance Banking Industry|
|Experience||10 to 15 years of relevant Experience|
|Number of Positions||1|
|Client Details||Microfinance Bank|