- Receive general instructions for new duties from supervisor.
- Administers a mid-size site alone, or assists in administration of a larger site.
- Initiates some new responsibilities and helps plan for the future of the site and network.
- Manage novice system administrators or operators.
- Evaluates and/or recommends purchases; has strong influence on the purchasing process.
- Serves as the first line of defense against intrusion and inadvertent system damage.
- Responsible for all Wintel and Linux systems.
- Responsible for backup system daily tasks, maintenance, and upgrades.
- Responsible for Archiving and disaster Recovery solutions in windows/Unix mixed configuration.
- Installation, Live upgrade and configured Jumpstart for Linux/ VMWare host whenever required
- Patch management for all data centers servers.
- Monitoring and keeping update patch management servers.
- Monitoring and in time resolution of problems on data centers machine.
- Maintaining and keeping update
- Researched support contract renewals for hardware and software.
- Carrying 24hr/365 on-calls System support.
- Have strong inter-personal and communication skills. Capable of training users in complex topics, making presentations to internal groups.
- Ability to write intricate system and user documentation. Capable of writing and explaining purchase justifications.
- Independent problem solving; self-directed, self-starting.
- Very comfortable with most aspects of the Linux, HyperV, VMWare and Windows operating system; paging/swapping, inter-process communication, devices and device driver fundamentals, file system concepts like inode and super block.
- Familiar with fundamental networking/distributed computing environments and concepts.
- Ability to perform most security audits, and protect the system against intrusion.
- Ability to perform installation and configuration of most application servers (i.e. JRUN, iPlanet, Web logic, Websphere).
- Ability to perform installation of Database Servers like oracle and SQL server
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Financial Services|
|Qualification||Masters or Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent|
|Experience||3 - 5 year working experience in the same capacity|
|Number of Positions||1|
|Client Details||A reputed name in Financial Services|