VP / Head of Compliance
Posted 5 years ago
- Monitors effective compliance relating to SBP Prudential Regulations, Relevant provisions of existing laws and regulations, Guidelines for KYC, Anti-money laundering laws and regulations.
- Ensures that all relevant Banking laws are complied with, in letter and spirit and minimize legal and regulatory risks in the Bank.
- Supervision of timely submission of accurate data/returns to regulator and other agencies.
- Supervises and monitor the reporting of suspicious transactions to CEO & other related agencies.
- Liaison with State Bank of Pakistan concerning the issues related to compliance.
- Responsible for assessing the adequacy of, adherence to and effectiveness of Bank’s controls, and apprise the Board whether, based on the independent monitoring and reviews conducted, the compliance risk management controls are sufficiently robust to achieve compliance with the applicable regulatory requirements enterprise-wide.
- Develop end-to-end compliance programs and all allied policies, procedures, methods, tools etc. in the light of these guidelines and ensure/monitor/oversee their entity-wide implementation.
- Determine the resources required for Compliance Function to carry out all its roles and responsibilities professionally and of desired quality. Develop, coordinate, and participate in a multifaceted educational and training program that focuses on the elements of the compliance program, and seek to inculcate a conducive compliance/risk culture in the Bank.
- Provide summary data and report findings on compliance issues to board or its sub-committee on periodic basis.
- Report to the board/board sub-committee promptly on any material incidents of non-compliance (for example, failures that may attract a significant risk of legal or regulatory sanction);
- Ensures that regulatory enforcement actions (domestic or foreign) are implemented in letter and in spirit within given time frame and in manner as prescribed by the regulatory authority.
- Oversee fraud investigations involving customer accounts and recovery of funds, and coordinating investigations with external investigation and enforcement officials.
- Establish a close working relationship with all key executives of the Bank to facilitate effective implementation of Bank’s compliance program.
- Ensures dissemination of updates in regulations and compliance procedures to relevant business units, control units, the CEO and the board.
- Ensures integration of compliance risk management in overall entity wide ‘enterprise risk management’ framework in the Bank.
- Good knowledge of Bank’s procedures, policies & Manuals.
- Well versed in SBP regulations.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to identify and implement best banking practices.
Apply at email@example.com
|Experience||6 to 8 years of relevant|
|Number of Positions||1|
|Position Based In||Karachi|